Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Portland Marathon

Ran my last few miles with my dog yesterday. Funny how the brain blocks out horrible moments. The minute I started running with him I remembered why it is that I don't run with him. I knew I only had a few miles so I tried to remind myself the run was for the dog and not for me. We got about four blocks from home when Joey, my dog saw a cat. He jerked my arm so hard that I whole body plunged head on into a truck. I am lucky however, as the truck was parked and I did let go of the leash. Joey came right back and I was so mad at him and a little embarrassed seeing as how this was not my parked truck. If only dogs could understand fire in words. As I finished my run I had visions of death in my head. What if Joey had pulled in front of a moving car! Maybe he is not the best running partner. I think we will stick to walks and dog parks.

No comments:

Post a Comment